Parliament of Canada is committed to improving resources for teachers, providing classrooms with educational programs and materials to provide public education on Parliament to all grade levels and to inspire students with an appreciation of Canada`s Parliament.
Bring Parliament to Your Classroom provides a full range of educational programs and products available for all teachers across Canada to use in their classrooms. The Library of Parliament has developed a full curriculum based on Parliament, democracy, and civic life in Canada.
Below are a few of the resources available to teachers and the website information to order all publications.
For the Classroom:
- Searching for Symbols: Introduce young learners to Parliament with simple games
- Bill on the Hill: Follow a Bill from creation to Royal Assent
- Parliamentary Committee Simulation: Understand the important work done by committees
- Setting the Agenda: Plan a day in the life of a Parliamentarian
- Parliament in the News: The impact of the news on citizens
- Model Parliament Unit: Transform your classroom into a mock parliament!
For more information and tools to use in your classroom, please visit the Parliamentary Teacher’s Resources site.
If you are interested in learning more about Parliament and Canada’s political process, consider spending a week at the Teachers Institute in an intensive professional development program. Participants spend a week at Parliament, gaining an insider’s perspective on civic life in Canada and exchanging ideas with fellow educators from across the country. Explore details of the program here.
The Library of Parliament has print publications for all grades to help support in-classroom learning and the programs mentioned above. If you would like to order some of these materials for your classroom, please visit the Classroom Publications from Parliament site here.
For more information from the Library of Parliament, you can contact email@example.com.
Alternatively, my staff are always happy to help in any inquiries or issues you may have:
16600 Bayview Avenue, Suite 202